Chivas USA announced the signing of striker Caleb Calvert as a homegrown player on Friday.
At the age of 16 years, 8 months and 13 days, Calvert is the youngest player in club history, beating Marco Delgado's previous record of 16 years, 10 months and 17 days.
"Our Youth Development Program is extremely happy for Caleb
to step up and move to the next level," said Chivas USA’s Youth Academy
Director Sacha van der Most in a statement on the team's website. "I
think it’s well deserved as he has proved himself at the U16s and U18s
levels this whole year and also by stepping up in the Reserve League
games."
The player himself was delighted, telling the club's
official site: "I’m beyond thrilled. I never thought this moment will
come this soon and this fast but I’m living my dream right now, and it’s
the most incredible feeling anyone can have," said Calvert. "Hopefully
I get adjusted and comfortable soon and from there I can start playing
my game and doing what I do best, scoring goals.
"I feel honored
to have Coach Real as my coach. It’s obviously a very big deal and now
I’m lucky enough to play under him. I think only good can come from it,
so I’ll do the best I can, and work hard every single day to give
everything I have for this team."
ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น